Passing through airport security can be a nightmare—especially if you accidentally packed a full-size bottle of liquid, gel or aerosol in your carry-on bag. To ensure passenger safety, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) enforces strict regulations on which beauty products you can and can’t bring onboard. Their packing protocol is easy to follow if you remember these carry-on guidelines:
- You’re allowed to pack individual 3.4 ounce containers of liquids, gels and aerosols.
- All toiletries must be placed in one clear quart-size, zip-top bag—one per passenger.
- You must declare medically necessary liquids, such as breast milk, baby formula, and insulin to a security officer prior to boarding. You are allowed to bring more than 3.4 ounces, but it must be in a reasonable quantity.
- While technically allowed on the plane, never apply nail polish during your flight! It’s inconsiderate and dangerous to other passengers.
- If you’re not sure about a product, don’t pack it! Better to leave it at home than have it confiscated.
If you’re still unsure on what to pack, try these five airplane-ready products and stay stress-free in the security line!
This four piece travel kit delivers mini moisturizing solutions great for all skin types. Complete with skin-quenching water gel, multipurpose balm, lightweight moisturizer and glow-inducing oil, the Chemist Confessions Travel Buddy Kit provides a TSA-friendly way to prep your complexion for any destination’s climate.
Weighing in at only 1.7 ounces, this small but mighty cleanser provides the perfect first step in any travel beauty routine. Formulated with antioxidant-rich enzymes, biocompatible oils and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients, UNVEIL starts as a balm then emulsifies into a cleansing milk that melts away makeup without stripping skin of moisture or clogging pores.
Be sure to bring a fragrant and hydrating body lotion with you on your next trip! Formulated for all skin types, Klorane Fig Leaf Body Lotion quickly absorbs into the skin for lightweight nourishment that helps maintain the natural lipidic barrier. This ultra-hydrating cream also delivers a sweet, fruity fragrance that doubles as a refreshing body scent—so feel free to leave your perfume at home.
Complete with four of COOLA’s most water-resistant, organic formulas, Classic Sport Organic Suncare Travel Set nourishes, restores and protects skin. Formulated with beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter, this 70%+ Certified Organic kit also features a cute and compact pouch that fits into any carry-on—and beach tote!
R+Co Time Travel Set , $39
Keeping your hair camera-ready on vacation just became possible with the Time Travel Set. This well-rounded collection comes with travel-friendly versions of R+Co’s best-selling hair products, including Television Perfect Hair shampoo and conditioner, Death Valley Dry Shampoo, and High Dive Moisture + Shine Crème. So, take as many vacation photos as you can until you run out of storage.